THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Shepherd Holds His Sheep


Shepherd.jpg

The Shepherd Holds His Sheep

I look back at my life and wonder
How did I survive to this day?
So many times there was harm and danger
And death was only steps away.

I know in the darkest hours
In the middle of the night,
I was not alone in my suffering.
Never solo in my plight.

For the One who came to me
When I was a young tender age,
Is the One who stayed with me
Through my heartache and my rage.

He would often speak to me
And give me strength to carry on.
He would dry my tears of sorrow
And cause my fears to be gone.

Then after each storm was calmed
And the thunder and rain went away
He would hold me in His tender care
Until the night turned into day.

Then in the morning hours
When I woke and I could see
The Great Shepherd Jesus
Still had hold of his little sheep, me.

0 comments: